Did you know the secrets of your whole life are hidden in the lines and bumps of your hands? Palmistry is the ancient practice of decoding that information so that you can live your life to the fullest. You don’t have to be an expert chiromancer to find out things about your personality, though.
All you have to do is look at your hands for answers! Today we had a question that inspired us to look at all the factors when it comes to palm reading, and how the shape of your hand and digits can tell you more about your personality.
Palmistry (also known as chiromancy) is a form of divination where the markings on the palm of the hand (as well as the shape of the hand, length of the fingers, and more) are used to tell a person about their life, and what is likely to happen. Palmistry goes back several thousand years and is practiced by many cultures around the world.
The Shape of the Hand
Square or Rectangular with Long Fingers
- You’re intellectual and enjoy learning about cultural ideas.
- You may have some nervous energy.
- You’re good at dealing with others, even when you don’t want to.
- You like to stay busy.
- You’re interested in many things.
- Sometimes you are superficial and spread yourself too thinly.
Square or Rectangular with Short Fingers
- You’re strong willed.
- You know how to stay focused.
- You’re very practical.
- You’re very observant.
- You see what you want and you go for it.
- You don’t blame others when things go wrong.
Oval with Short Fingers
- You’re energetic.
- You instigate ideas and activities.
- You have leadership capability.
- You get impatient easily.
- You’re not afraid to take risks.
- You sometimes get bossy or too assertive.
Oval with Long Fingers
- You’re very sensitive.
- You feel things deeply even if you don’t show your emotions.
- You’re very compassionate.
- You’re intuitive.
- You let your heart guide you, rather than your head.
- You’re not fond of change.
- You’re very passionate.
- You’re intuitive.
- You have a wide range of interests.
- You’re probably a bit psychic.
- You have strong morals.
- You have a good sense of justice.
Overly Large Hand with Short Fingers
- You’re very hard-working.
- You’re logical and practical.
- You tend to be a workaholic.
- You dislike too many frills and fancies.
- You’re dependable and reliable.
- You take pride in a job well done.
A Combination of Shapes
- You’re adaptable
- You’re the ‘jack of all trades,’ and can turn your hand to most things.
- You enjoy multi-tasking.
- You like to explore different philosophies and ideas.
- You can converse on most subjects
- You adjust quickly to changes that come your way.
The shape of the fingers is also very important, we’ll discuss that next.
The Shape of the Fingers
Of course, palmistry isn’t just about the shape of your hand. An experienced chiromancer will also examine the shape of your fingers, the length of your fingers, the size of your thumb, your knuckles, and even your fingernails all tell a story about your personality and your potential.
Cone Shaped Fingers
- You’re quick- witted.
- You’re probably psychic or intuitive.
- You need to watch that you’re not too gullible.
- You’re easily influenced.
- You like to go along with the crowd.
- You value the opinions of your peers.
- You’re idealistic.
- You like to daydream.
- You need beauty and harmony in your life.
- You overindulge yourself.
- You’re not particularly practical.
- You’re very creative.
- You have a lot of energy.
- You like to be active.
- You like to be organized.
- New ideas interest you.
- You’re not afraid to try different things.
- You have the potential to be very successful.
- You’re practical.
- You’re not prone to flights of fancy or wild notions.
- You’re able to make choices easily.
- Your mind works in a logical manner.
- You let your head rule your heart.
- You’re realistic and orderly.
The Thumb Has Special Significance
We single the thumb out from the rest of the fingers. It operates entirely differently and its shape is often very unlike the rest of the digits. In palmistry, it is read as an extension of the palm, not as one of the fingers. The thumb only has two joints, where the fingers have three.
The thumb is one of the main indicators of your personality and willpower. An expert reader will pat special attention to the shape, lenth, and distance of the thumb from your fingers. The more space there is between your thumb and the side of your hand, the more generous a person you’ll be!
The Shape of the Thumb
- Cone-Shaped Thumb: You’re sensitive, artistic, and talented.
- Flat-Shaped Thumb: You’re inspiring, original, and creative.
- Club-Shaped Thumb: You’re stubborn, tenacious, and hard to please.
- Spatula-Shaped Thumb: You work hard, you’re conservative, you’re a follower rather than a leader.
- Square Thumb: You have high morals, your emotions are controlled, you’re very sensible.
- Pointed Thumb: You’re reserved, you struggle with self-expression, you’re sometimes unrealistic.
- Big Thumb: You’re inspiring, you achieve your goals, you’re a good leader.
The Length of the Thumb
- Short Thumb: You’d rather follow than lead, you’re impressionable, you place too much importance on the opinions of others.
- Stubby Thumb: You’re practical, you lack tact, sometimes you’re unintentionally insensitive.
- Long Thumb: You’re strong-willed, opinionated, and maybe a bit stubborn.
- Short Thumb: You’re reserved, you have deep emotions, you carry unnecessary emotional baggage.
The Flexibility fo the Thumb
- Average Thumb: You have the potential to be successful, happy, and comfortable.
- Stiff Thumb: You’re careful, cautious, and may miss opportunities for success.
- Flexible Thumb: You let others take advantage of your good nature.
The Placement of the Thumb on the Hand
- Thumb Set Low: You’re independent, you’re fair, you have good morals.
- Thumb Set High: You’re creative, strong-willed, and obstinate.
- Thumb Set Medium: You’re honest, kind, and determined.
Most people who have a bit of knowledge about palmistry usually think that it’s all about the life line and other lines on the palm, but as you can see from the above, but there are many factors to consider! Sure the lines tell a story, as do the bumps (called mounds or mounts), and the markings on those lines and bumps.
However, the overall shape of the hand and fingers is important too! By simply looking at your hand, you will learn a lot about yourself—and others—without having to become an expert chiromancer! Try it on yourself and then amaze people when you can reveal the secrets in the palm of their hand.