Similar: Mutable sign, Cardinal sign, Grand Fixed Cross
Fixed is one of the three sign qualities in Astrology that your zodiac sign may fall under.
Fixed signs are stable and trustworthy, and become attached to whatever comes their way. Where Cardinal signs are leaders and Mutable signs are flexible, Fixed signs are the fasteners. If you’ve ever loved a Fixed sign, you know exactly what this means. Letting them go, or getting them to let go, is an uphill battle. The positive side of that is apparent; Fixed signs are generally as loyal as it gets.
There are four Fixed signs:
- Taurus (Earth Fixed): Their foundation is always built from the ground up. They are a solid structure built on practical planning.
- Leo (Fire Fixed): Their rigid beliefs make them the best at self-expression and driven growth.
- Scorpio (Water Fixed): Their exploration of the imagination and creativity to achieve goals make them unstoppable.
- Aquarius (Air Fixed): They are future-focused and are often idealistic in their thoughts and ideas.
In Astrology, Fixed is associated with stable themes such as depth, persistence, and determination. They are “fixed” on a path, ideal, and opinions
When the Sun enters a Fixed sign, we are in the middle of the seasons. This makes these signs a fixed point between our equinoxes for stability.
- Taurus season (starting April 21st) during spring in the northern hemisphere and autumn in the southern hemisphere;
- Leo season (starting July 23rd) during winter in the northern hemisphere and summer in the southern hemisphere;
- Scorpio season (starting October 21st) during summer in the northern hemisphere and winter in the southern hemisphere;
- Aquarius season (starting January 22nd) during autumn in the northern hemisphere and spring in the southern hemisphere.