Mutable signs are the most flexible signs in the zodiac. They go whichever way the wind is blowing and are always subject to change. This sign quality is associated with their ability to be flexible, sympathetic, and adaptable – often viewed as the zodiac’s free spirits. This also means that they are often viewed as non-committal and flakey.
People with zodiac signs in the Mutable category will drop everything when you need them. This is a double-edged sword, as it also applies to others. Mutable signs are usually the first to be unfaithful or deceptive unless you can create a supportive existence with mutual understanding.
Four signs fall under the Mutable quality:
- Gemini (Air Mutable) – rides the ways and loves to discuss new ideas.
- Virgo (Earth Mutable) – finds their flexibility within their relationships with others and is inflexible with themselves.
- Sagittarius (Fire Mutable) – evolving, learning, and always moving – they are never satisfied with the short answers.
- Pisces (Water Mutable) – ruler of the mutable inner world acting as an emotional pillar of sympathy, compassion, and respect.
While the Cardinal signs mark the beginning of a new season, Mutable signs always mark the end:
- Gemini Season (May 21st) ends spring in the northern hemisphere and autumn in the southern hemisphere.
- Virgo Season (August 23rd) ends summer in the northern hemisphere and winter in the southern hemisphere.
- Sagittarius Season (November 21st) ends autumn in the northern hemisphere and spring in the southern hemisphere.
- Pisces Season (February 19th) ends winter in the northern hemisphere and summer in the southern hemisphere.