Virgo Season is fast approaching!
The dates for Virgo planet positions are:
Mars in Virgo: August 18 to October 4
Venus in Virgo: August 21 to September 14
Mercury in Virgo: August 29 to September 14
Sun in Virgo: August 23 to September 23
New Moon in Virgo: August 30
The Sun, Mercury, Venus, and Mars will overlap in Virgo August 29 to September 14, and it’ll be strongest around the New Moon August 30.
We’ll get just over 2 weeks of super-strong Virgo energy. When you get many planets positioned in one sign, this brings all of our attention to that sign. Whenever a planet transits a sign, it takes on that sign, so when multiple planets are in that sign, they’re all working with that sign’s energy. What the sign rules becomes more important, and we can make use of the natural energy that sign has.
The Basics of Virgo
Virgo is an Earth sign, making it practical, productive, and hard-working. Earth signs are grounded, tethered to reality, and focused on the physical world. As an Earth sign, Virgo wants to make things happen, not in the abstract, but in a tangible way.
Virgo is also a Mutable sign, keeping this sign busy, always going from one thing to the next. Mutable signs don’t like to be still for very long, and their energy is always moving. As a Mutable sign, Virgo doesn’t like not having enough to do.
This Earth sign and Mutable sign combo makes Virgo the sign that can get lots of little things done. Got a long list of tasks to do? This Virgo period is for you!
Mercury is the planet that rules Virgo, so despite being an Earth sign (which is all about the tangible and practical), Virgo can be quick on its feet. It’s aided by the Mutable energy, and this is a sign that can focus on the details and go from one project to the next quickly. Sometimes, it’s a little TOO quickly! Virgo’s mental energy thanks to ruler Mercury makes this sign mentally adaptable.
What Virgo Represents
Virgo is the sign of work, showing the kind of work environment we need and our approach to performing work. This can be actual professional work tasks and projects, as well as the work we do at home (chores and home tasks). When we have planetary movement in Virgo, this can show a period that is extra focused on the work that we need to do, both personally and professionally.
Our daily lives and routines are ruled by Virgo. Virgo wants to be as productive as possible, and part of achieving this is through maximizing your time, energy, resources, and schedule. Time can be spent trying to figure out ways you can squeeze every last drop of productivity from your life so you can get even more done. The more you do, the more you want to do!
Virgo rules health as well, especially taking care of the little things and routine physical maintenance. Eat healthier and exercise regularly with this Virgo energy, but also don’t forget to check in with your mental, emotional, and spiritual health too.
Pets are also the domain of Virgo, and you can get more enjoyment from spending time with them and taking care of them. This can also help with your mental and emotional health, and allow you to relieve a little stress. Studies have shown that pets can be wonderful for stress relief!
With multiple planets in Virgo, more attention can be given to these areas of life. Get work done that needs to be done, and be as productive as possible. Streamline daily life, make tweaks to your schedule and routine, and make sure to take care of yourself.
This Virgo energy will be trine Saturn, Uranus, and Pluto; since trines are positive energy, we’re given helpful discipline (Saturn), independence (Uranus), and passion (Pluto). But this Virgo energy will also be opposite Neptune and square Jupiter, 2 challenging positions, so we will need to manage potentially wandering imaginations (Neptune) and getting lost in the woods (Jupiter). Stay grounded!
Top 5 Ways to Use Virgo Energy
If you’re looking for a quick list of the top 5 ways to make use of the Virgo energy, here you go:
1. Make a list (and check it thrice!) of things you missed out on or that got messed up during the retrograde and eclipse season. Virgo gives you the opportunity to get the work done, or fix the mess that was created, and do it the right way this time!
2. Do routine maintenance. With Virgo ruling work and health, it’s a good time to go for a routine checkup, do some car maintenance, or have your printer fixed.
3. Get deep into the details. Virgo governs the details, and has an uncanny ability to spot them where others miss them. If there is something in your life where you need better understanding of the details or the fine print, Virgo energy can be a big help.
4. Break big things up into little things. Virgo doesn’t do too well with anything that is too big. That only leads to overwhelm and anxiety, which you want to avoid. If there is anything really big that you need to work on, any big task or project, break it down into smaller, more manageable steps or tasks. This helps you stay on track, and you can get a lot more done.
5. Address stress. Virgo tends to get stressed out a little too easily, so it’s important during the times when planets are positioned in Virgo to watch your stress levels. As mentioned, pets can be helpful, if you have any. But also make sure you’re not only working and never playing, ignoring little warning signs that your body may be giving you that you’re pushing yourself to the edge, and getting plenty of rest. For ideas on how to relieve stress and keep yourself emotionally balanced, check out this article on how to relieve stress via your Moon sign.
Planets in Virgo give you the opportunity to do what you need to do. This comes at the perfect time after a tumultuous retrograde and eclipse period. If you need to get back on track, you can take the opportunity to do that!
Related Article: Virgo 101 – Explore the Qualities of the 6th Zodiac Sign