Welcome to your astrology forecast for the week of May 11 – May 17 beautiful souls!
We have Mercury moving into Gemini on Monday and that is not nearly all folks! After last week, This week might feel like you’re getting turned upside down and inside out because we have two planets switching signs and three turning retrograde. This is going to be a really interesting week but nothing to be afraid of. The week will start out with lots of new ideas as the mental planet Mercury enters the curious Air sign of Gemini. You can expect people to be extra chatty!
We also have some new energetic waves that will affect our collective psyche and shift our perspectives for now to help us reflect on how we use our time (Saturn), how we use our money (Jupiter), and what type of energy we bring to our relationships (Venus). Saturn turns retrograde in Aquarius on Monday, Venus turns retrograde in Gemini on Wednesday, and then on Thursday, Jupiter turns retrograde in Capricorn. In conclusion, we have Venus, Saturn, and Jupiter joining Pluto who is already retrograde.
Read this next: Reset & Recharge: Living Space Upgrades For Taurus Season
During Venus retrograde, you may have an ex-friend or ex-lover come back into your life so you can get closure. They may show up in person, online, or in a dream. The Universe is reminding you what you learned from that time, not asking you to rekindle the flame. During Jupiter retrograde, our expansion outwardly is less pronounced as we do some inner-maintenance on our process and goals to align them spiritually. The Saturn retrograde is about rethinking how we use our time and getting a refresher course form the Universe on the law of attraction.
The take away for this week’s astrology overview is nothing short of feeling like you’re stepping into a new space, a new way of thinking, and a momentary pause on charging full speed ahead. We are learning about our patterns, our inner-selves, and healing on a deep level. Helping in that process is one more ingress. Mars will also enter Pisces on Wednesday the 13th. Mars is the ruler of our passion and motivation and when it’s in Pisces, the Water sign, we are inclined to want to pursue spiritual topics and emotional healing.
Planetary Locations During May 11 – 17, 2020
• Sun: Taurus (April 19, 2020 – May 20, 2020)
• Mercury: Taurus (April 27, 2020 – May 11, 2020), Gemini (May 11, 2020 – May 28, 2020)
• Venus: Gemini (April 3, 2020 – August 7, 2020)
• Mars: Aquarius (March 30, 2020 – May 13, 2020), Pisces (May 13, 2020 – June 27, 2020)
• Jupiter: Capricorn (December 2, 2019 – December 19, 2020)
• Saturn: Aquarius (March 21, 2020 – July 1, 2020)
• Uranus: Taurus (January 10, 2020 – August 14, 2020)
• Neptune: Pisces (Until January 2026)
• Pluto: Capricorn (Until October 12, 2024)
Daily Snapshots for May 11 – 17, 2020
Monday, May 11
Sun: Taurus – We really want to indulge and live the good life whether that means having a little more chocolate caramel ice cream or perhaps cuddling with our crush to watch a romantic comedy. The Sun in this position gives you permission to live a little while still being responsible.
Moon: Capricorn – Our emotions are steady and we are not inclined to emotional outbursts. We look at the plan, we work hard, and we don’t feel like being silly. Use this energy to do the heavy lifting when it comes to paying bills, house projects, or business meetings.
- Mercury (Taurus) square Mars (Aquarius) – There’s tension between our mind and our desire. Perhaps the mind says ‘be practical’ and ‘look out for you,’ but our passion is trying to get us to burst forward wearing our superhero cape to help the world no matter what obstacles seem to stand in the way.
- Mercury enters Gemini – Mercury will be in the Air sign of Gemini until May 28, 2020. When the messenger planet is in high energy Gemini, we have lots of ideas and crave meeting new interesting people. We may feel our mind bouncing around so find ways to ground to reduce hyperactivity.
Tuesday, May 12
- Mercury (Gemini) trine Saturn (Aquarius) – The planet that controls our thinking and communication is in talks with the planet of structure, life lessons, and discipline. We will likely be having conversations about how to best use our time to help the greater good as well as how we have gleaned lessons from history.
Wednesday, May 13
Moon: Aquarius – Think big and bold is the theme with this lunar position. We are not looking at the world through a selfish lens but an inspired heart-centered place that tries to be a valiant hero for everyone.
- Mars enters Pisces – Mars will be in Pisces until June 27. When the planet of our passions enters Water sign Pisces, we desire to connect through the company of others and share our time with someone. We are inspired to express ourselves more artistically and don’t want to put our creative energy in a box. Notice how loving people become as a result of this influence.
- Venus stations retrograde in Gemini – Lasting until June 25, 2020, this is a time to see how you can bring better energy to your relationships. You’ll see old patterns that continue to arise in present-day situations. This is a time when relationships are tested and the ones meant to last, will be stronger when it’s through.
Review: What to expect in Taurus Season
Thursday, May 14
- Jupiter stations retrograde in Capricorn – This will last until September 12. This can bring a bit of a slow in the speed of our career expansion but for good reason. This is a helpful cycle to clear out the psychic debris blocking us from greater levels of success.
Friday, May 15
Moon: Pisces – We are sensitive and swayed by our emotions under this influence. We want to experience life through positive emotional experiences instead of intellectual rigor.
- Sun (Taurus) trine Pluto (Capricorn) – Things seem to line up now when it comes to work and goals because we see that we may have been fearful or stubborn about what really needed to be done. We can look past emotions and move forward with sensible steps.
Saturday, May 16
Sunday, May 17
- Sun (Taurus) trine Jupiter (Capricorn) – We see that the way forward may have many more steps than we once realized. The theme of patience will certainly ring true when it comes to our long term plan becoming more clear but the good news is that we also feel more capable of executing a planned approach.